Within moments of landing I had acclimatised to Island life, I was barefoot, relaxed and disconnected from the real world…
There are loads of resorts to choose from, it really just depends on your budget. There is only ever one resort per atoll, so you will always be guaranteed the remote island feel, but make sure you select a resort which can only be reached by sea plane, as opposed to speed boat. Resorts that are reachable by speed boat mean they’re closer to the mainland of Male, and can be noisy with all the planes flying over.
We opted for LUX* South Ari Atoll. Rates at the resort really will depend on what time of year you go for and what board you opt for.
We booked our holiday with British Airways
- 7 nights in January, including flights, accommodation, transfers and breakfast
- Staying in a Beach Pavilion
- £2,300 per person
What we LOVED…
- Warm friendly staff
- Beautiful beach front rooms
- The outdoor bathroom was a dream
- Our room was kept immaculately clean throughout our stay
- Movie night on the beach was amazing
What we didn’t love..
- The food is shockingly expensive however this isn’t something exclusive to Lux, food in the Maldives is very expensive due to everything being imported, so just be aware a burger will set you back $42 before tax!
- The service at times was a little slow and disjointed, but its hard to get annoyed when you’re surrounded by so much beauty
I would definitely go back to LUX* as overall it was a great experience, the hotel did a lot to make guests feel appreciated from the moment you land, all the staff are waiting on the dock waving and ready to get you settled in.
The rooms were lovely, the grounds were pristine, the weather was perfect, we really couldn’t have asked for more…
We stayed in January which is meant to be one of the best times of year to visit, and it was!
The temperature was about 35 degrees each day, and it didn’t rain once!
London – Male direct aprox 12hrs
From Male Airport you will be greeted by representatives from the hotel who will escort you to the Lux Lounge. You will be offered drinks and refreshments whilst you wait for your sea plane to take you to the island. We had to wait for approx. 2 hours as our flight had been delayed, but normally the wait is around 40 mins.