My Mum moved to Dubai a few years ago, so I now spend a lot of my time out there.
Most people go to Dubai for the great weather and the luxurious hotels, but there is another side to Dubai that many people are yet to discover, The Old Town. Dubai’s Old Town is a tiny part of the city, and you can see pretty much all of it in around an hour, but it’s well worth checking out if you want to get a feel of the history and culture of the country.
Toxic Beauty refers to to the the hidden chemicals in every day beauty products. Most of the name brand beauty products we know and love contain chemicals which not only irritate our skin, but are carcinogenic, not to mention their environmental impact.
After watching this video by Annie Leonord I decided it was time to research the every day beauty products I used, to find out what I was putting into my body.
When I started to understand the true dangers of some of the chemicals that go into these products, I knew it was time to change. I’ve spent a lot of time educating myself on what goes into cosmetics / soaps / hair products / deodorants and what alternatives are out there.
If you want to learn more about what are in your every day beauty products, and the potential dangers, have a look at the following websites:
I’ve always lived in London, but would love to have the opportunity to live somewhere like LA or NYC!
Here are some of the best countries to live in if you’re a woman according to Harpers Bazaar.
Where can you move to?
This really depends on where you’re from in the world, but some of the countries mentioned on the list, are fairly easy to relocate to if you’re from the UK as they’re former Common Wealth Countries.
Check out the following links if you’re interested in moving to Canada, Australia or New Zealand.
I visited Santa Barbara as part of a road trip, we were on our way to Las Vegas and had just spent 4 nights in Los Angeles.
We got the Pacific Surfliner from Union Station and in just under 3 hours, we had arrived in the charming city of Santa Barbara.
The train takes you to the centre of town, and it was a short walk from our hotel – Hotel Milo. The hotel was right on the beach and walking distance to everything, which makes sense as the city is a small with a population of less than a 100,000. The hotel was perfect for what we were looking for, it was inexpensive and simple. If you’re looking to spend a bit more check out the following hotels: San Ysidro Ranch and the Belmond El Encanto
There isn’t much to do in Santa Barbara apart from relax on the beach, eat and enjoy the beautiful Spanish Colonial style architecture.
One restaurant you should definitely try whilst you’re in town is Olio e Limone Ristoronte they serve the most delicious Italian food, I still dream about their angel hair pasta..
Rome is the perfect weekend getaway, it has something for everyone, museums, art galleries, great food and depending when you go, great weather!
Top 5 Things to Do in Rome
Rome is the perfect weekend getaway, because there is so much to see and do, so I’ve compiled a list of my Top 5 Things to See and Do..
- The Vatican: book your tickets in advance online to avoid the long queues. Go early in the morning to as this is when the museum is quietest. There is so much to see, so give yourself plenty of time to enjoy it, we spent around 3 hours exploring, but if you opt for a tour it will take you most of the day.
- The Colosseum: again book in advance, all the major tourist attractions in Rome get busy, and you can end up wasting a lot of time queueing if you’re not organized.
- EAT EAT EAT! This is a pasta lovers dream (aka my dream!). Avoid eating at any of the tourist trap restaurants in St Marks Square. My favourite restaurant was Le Jadin de Russie. Go for an early dinner and sit dine in their beautiful courtyard.
- Walk this is the best way to absorb the energy of the city, and enjoy the ancient Roman architecture.
- Shop all the best European boutiques can be found near the Spanish Steps.
Flights from London Heathrow – Rome were £150 per person with British Airways travelling at the end of May.
Two nights at the St Regis booked with American Express Travel cost £540 for a superior room.