Rome is the perfect weekend getaway, it has something for everyone, museums, art galleries, great food and depending when you go, great weather!
Top 5 Things to Do in Rome
Rome is the perfect weekend getaway, because there is so much to see and do, so I’ve compiled a list of my Top 5 Things to See and Do..
- The Vatican: book your tickets in advance online to avoid the long queues. Go early in the morning to as this is when the museum is quietest. There is so much to see, so give yourself plenty of time to enjoy it, we spent around 3 hours exploring, but if you opt for a tour it will take you most of the day.
- The Colosseum: again book in advance, all the major tourist attractions in Rome get busy, and you can end up wasting a lot of time queueing if you’re not organized.
- EAT EAT EAT! This is a pasta lovers dream (aka my dream!). Avoid eating at any of the tourist trap restaurants in St Marks Square. My favourite restaurant was Le Jadin de Russie. Go for an early dinner and sit dine in their beautiful courtyard.
- Walk this is the best way to absorb the energy of the city, and enjoy the ancient Roman architecture.
- Shop all the best European boutiques can be found near the Spanish Steps.
Flights from London Heathrow – Rome were £150 per person with British Airways travelling at the end of May.
Two nights at the St Regis booked with American Express Travel cost £540 for a superior room.